New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geo. Beitzinger - Opinions?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have met George at a few gunshows and his custom rifles on Mauser actions are, at least cosmetically, stunning.

I'd like to hear opinions as to how his work measures up in the area of mechanics. Are his rifles accurate and dependable as well as beautiful? Do they feed properly, shoot well?

t

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really, no one has any experience with this gunmaker? He use to work for Griffin & Howe and then went on his own.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have had nothing but good experinces with George.I have a M-70 in 375 that George did some work to(burnish & hone action, check bedding,adjust trigger,ect.)that is accurate and super relibale. After years of thinking about it I recently started to have a custom rifle built-a 7x57 on an FN action. Since this is the first custom rifle I have had built I agonized over all the decisons except one-Who should build it? because I knew that I wanted George to do the work.Since I am expecting to take delivery later this year I will have to get back to you about its accuracy & reliability. However, after seeing some of the test targets from his other guns and speaking with other customers I am very confident that I will be very happy with it.

Posts: 40 | Location: new york | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Bill. His finished rifles look absolutely gorgeous, good to know they shoot as well.

Good luck with the 7x57. I'll look forward to hearing how it comes out.

posted Hide Post
Price him out first! I wanted a Decelerator installed on a Sako stock, and he wanted $90 for labor plus $35 for the pad! [Eek!]

I went elsewhere and got it done for $35 and I supplied the pad.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote