THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackburn or timney trigger for yugo mauser?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm undecided so I need your advice on which to get. Blackburn or timney 101? I ordered a wisner safety. The action is a yugo m48. Its gonna be the old 8x57, my elk rifle. So which one and why?

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Rechnagle safeties that NECG sells that are steel bodied. Very well made units.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either trigger is suitable for a Mauser, the Rechnagel is quite a bit higher in price. I have used a good number of the Wisners and found them very good at that.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always use Recknagel.
Don’t like how Timneys have the sears rounded off on the buff.

Posts: 640 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Which Yugo?

Timney recommends a Number 2 sportsman for a 48 Yugo because of the forward position of the trigger. The military trigger loop on those Yugo's is too small for the Number 1 sportsman, the trigger of which is too far towards the rear.
quote:
Originally posted by metal:
I always use Recknagel.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metal:
I always use Recknagel.

Timney was my "go to" for years until they went to a cast lever tht need a lot of reshaping.

As it is now, the cost difference btwn Timney and Recknagel are chump change. Reckhagel is my choice...locking adjustments, locking attachment pin.....

Posts: 3610 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears Timney has discontinued their "Sportsman" models. I just tried a #201 FW on a 24/47, and it appears I would be better off with a #202 FW for , what they call, the k98. The position of the trigger in the trigger guard would be better.

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackburns are no longer available as far as I know..on a big game hunting rifle I like timney well enough, otherwise the Recknagle is the better of the two...that said Im not fond of two pound triggers on a hunting rifle, a good clean breaking 3 or 4 pound trigger suits me, depending on caliber..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote