Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic Stock for CZ550 Magnum needed
 Login/Join

<Hunting Max>
posted
Hi there,

I am looking for a Synthetic Stock, which fits to my CZ550 Magnum. The Stock should have a straight comb with cheek piece on the left side (I am right handed) and checkering on the foreend and the pistolgrip. I know, that Mc Millan makes such a stock, the "Express", but they do not deliver directly to Europe, and the main importer in German has stopped the business with them. Has anybody a source, where I can get either the McMillan "Express", or is there another company, which makes such a stock and will deliver it to Europe? I actually need three stocks for that Magnum Action. Any idea is helpful.

Thanks

------------------
Guns can save lives - maybe your�s.
Max

<redleg155>
posted
While it's not a plastic stock, my CZ550 is close to being done at the 'smith now and I expect it back soon.

I had a laminate stock put on it and then had it painted with black epoxy wrinkle finish paint used by the maker. The cheek part of the stock is then smoothed a little so that it is not too abrasive for shooting.

Keep an eye out for my celebration post when I get the rifle back. As long as the 'smith agrees to let me post his name.

redleg

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try MPI stock at WWW.MPISTOCKS.COM

<500 AHR>
posted
Do a web search for McMillan stocks. They offer a synthetic for the CZ550 Magnum in their express line. I believe that they specify it as a BRNO 602, but it will work for the CZ also.

The McMillan stocks are about as good as synthetics get in my opinion.

Todd