Find
Notify
Tools

Iron sight grab bag.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I asked my buddy if he had any peeps for the old 22 target rifles, he had one but the wrong thread/diameter.

Here's what he brought. Any ideas what is what?

here's an interesting one. radius bottom with recoil stop

Posts: 6489 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
The tall one looks to be from a 1903 Springfield.

Posts: 798 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sure, I know what they all are. The bottom one is an 1861 Springfield Rifle-Musket sight. The recoil lug sits into a slot in the barrel. The blades are for 100, 300 and 500 yards. Yes, the tall one is for a 1903 Springfield. The elevators on the left are for Winchester rifles. The top left item is a 1903 Springfield windage adjuster.

Posts: 17289 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
thanks guys.

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, from left to right.

The little formed part on the left is from a Colt Gold Cup, its that little #$%^& that sits on the sear with the small spring under it.

Just above it to the right a little is a short ramp sight that has a funny dovetail section on the bottom with a screw hole in the ramp. That is from one of the older High Standard 22 semi auto pistols

The pistol sight between the 1861 rear sight and the Eliason and the Lyman rear sight. That one is from one of the post war Colt Match Pistols, it was made 1948 - 1955

Hope that helps.

JW

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not worthy.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Thanks

That little Colt sear helper is also in my Colt Match10mm MF to get back in.

quote:
Originally posted by J Wisner:
OK, from left to right.

The little formed part on the left is from a Colt Gold Cup, its that little #$%^& that sits on the sear with the small spring under it.

Just above it to the right a little is a short ramp sight that has a funny dovetail section on the bottom with a screw hole in the ramp. That is from one of the older High Standard 22 semi auto pistols

The pistol sight between the 1861 rear sight and the Eliason and the Lyman rear sight. That one is from one of the post war Colt Match Pistols, it was made 1948 - 1955

Hope that helps.

JW