New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-06 take-off for a Mauser 98
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just hoping to catch some of the gunsmith's attention, in hopes that someone has one lying around. Please e-mail if you do.

Link to WTB post in classifieds:
http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005265

Thanks,
Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

I was cruising Numrich Arms and noted they have these in stock.

Posts: 3781 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd
The good news: This came off of my Mark-X receiver, and is presently in the trunk of my car.
A 21.5" blued CM Shillen 1-12 twist barrel thats chambered for the 30-06. It has one of Bruce McArther's (Flint and Frizzen gun shop up in Clarkston Michigan) muzzle brakes on it.
The bad news:
The throat is a little toasted (again), and the accuracy with it's favorate load has dropped to only 1 MOA as a result.
If your intrested in it, let me know

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure I have a couple of 30-06 take off for a Mauser and they are in excellent condition and they shot well...If your interrested give me a holler...

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Ray, I'm interested. Check your e-mail in a bit. I've had e-mail to you bounce back before though, so if you don't hear from me soon let me know.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote