THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Cost to pull barrel, trim and replace?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Your very own wildcat....the 6.5 Yahooooo!!!

What'ya say we send a coupla cases of smokes to the jail for his fellow inmates to enjoy after they get done kickin' his butt!!!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
My .22-250 Ruger MKII VT is presently in the works to have its (shot out) barrel set back and rechambered. I was quoted 250 �, including freshing up of the muzzle crown.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess is you could get it done for $100 or so.
I have 6.5-06 reamer if you need it to rechamber if the 'smith does not have one.

Terry

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can do it for $35 plus shipping.
I'd need 3 sized cases from Your dies and your shell holder. I'd set it up with .002" headspace.

If you can pull the barrel yourself, I don't even need the action. You'd have to do some measurements, and give those to Me, but the rest is quick and easy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger

The cost to pull the barrel, re machine the shank, re chamber to correct headspace, assemble and test fire is $125.00 in my area.

Posts: 1545 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For what you need, I would charge $95 plus return shipping of course. To do it correctly, one would need the action and bolt to determine correct headspace. I wonder why someone would need three fired cases from a chamber that had .100" excess headspace? Perhaps the correct headspace gauge is missing? I have all the tools necessary.

Jim

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
Jim- He want 3 cases sized from the dies, not the chamber

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to see how this baby shoots with some cases formed ala Gibbs style (headspace on a partially formed neck)and see what happens. If by some miracle it's a shooter, I might spend the $$ to get a body die made and use bushing dies for the neck. I'll report on accuracy soon!

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
280 Remington brass is .040" longer to the shoulder. That will get you part of the way there.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote