THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    WTB Ruger Take Off Barrel For Tang Safety Model... Please Help

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Ruger Take Off Barrel For Tang Safety Model... Please Help
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
Okay, time for me to ask for help...

A friend just sent me a perfectly great early Ruger (tang safety, around 1973) M-77 short action.

Originally it was saddled with a shot-out .220 Swift barrel.

I am now looking for a replacement barrel, a real Ruger take-off, in excellent condition.

Would really like a heavy .308 Winchester, but will settle for a standard .308 Winchester.

I have hit all the auction sites and parts houses and they have nothing.

Ruger will not sell me a barrel, even though I have an FFL and two vaults full of Rugers!

So...if you have one of these barrels, or know of someone who has one...PLEASE email me and give me the details.

If .308 is not available, let me know what you do have.

Thanks,
Steve

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Watch Ebay. I just checked and although the barrel below is not the caliber you want, they show up there fairly regularly.

Ebay Ruger 77 barrel

Gun list has a big section of used take off barrels also.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm 60% sure I have a Ruger take-off at the shop.

Maybe in 308? I will check tomorrow.

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShopCartRacing:
I'm 60% sure I have a Ruger take-off at the shop.

Maybe in 308? I will check tomorrow.

-Spencer

Appreciate it...it doesn't really have to be .308, almost anything that is in excellent condition and will fit in the short Ruger action.

I don't have a heavy barreled .308, that is why I was looking for one.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch Ebay. I just checked and although the barrel below is not the caliber you want, they show up there fairly regularly.

I've been watching eBay...seems that unless you want a drop-in for a 10/22 you don't count.

Thanks for the lead, however...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a standard Ruger barrel in 243 Winchester. It is 22" in length and has open sights.

But, alas, the barrel reinforce has a large
burr where it apparently slipped in the
barrel vice when my smith removed it for
rebarreling to 7mm-08.

The barrel is in excellent shape except for removal burrs? A polish and reblue is in order.

If this will do, PM me.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote