THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

404 Jeffery conversion gunsmith?- Found Him!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know of, or is, a gunsmith that has converted Classic series Winchester Model 70s from 300 RUM to 404 Jeffery. If the factory threads are off, the receiver would need them recut with a single point tool. I would like to switch to a one piece bottom metal style, and am willing to pay for an aftermarket magazine box, along with the floor metal (PT&G now makes one piece steel bottom metal for Winchesters). Thanks in advance.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olson in Plains, MT

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
This is a very easy conversion; no real converting necessary, compared to other actions.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks dudes,
I will give Dennis Olsen a jingle. Better order the barrel first.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would check with Jim Kobe in Bloomington Mn

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,
I should give Jim a call.
The last time I hired him it was to make a switch barrel in 9.3x66mm Sako for my AV 30-06. Imagine my surprise when the new barrel was in a medium heavy Krieger #4 contour. There was no way the new barrel would fit in the Sako's stock. Maybe some day he will explain why he did that despite a written work order. The new barrel is quite accurate. He did a good job with the rebarrel. Next time, I will make sure I have the correct barrel in hand.
Not everything works out as planned in life. So I found another stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
First I heard of this or maybe just forgot.

Sorry

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ten years ago, forgot. No big deal Jim. I may be getting a 9.3x62 next year. If I decide to make it a switch barrel with a 6.5x55, I'll give you a jingle.