Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interarms/cz?
 Login/Join

posted
I have seen some rifles listed as CZ/Interarms. To my understanding these are totally seperate companies. Have they ever had a joint venture? Or are these guys seeing the symbol for Zastava Arms and thinking it is CZ? Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are confused. Both Crvena Zastava and Csezka Zbrojovka use CZ as their logo.

Believe it or not, I have known dealers that think Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were the same country.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kurt &--465, Look v e r r ry carefully at the "Z". If you can see a faint crossbar through the vertical (diagonal)
line of the Zee, it is a Zastava. I would not expect any enthusiastic salesman for Interarmco to correct any rumor that these were actually made by the Czech's, but to get them past the State Dept. embargo of Czech made arms, Interarmco would have to show that there was, indeed, a difference in the zee's. For a very brief period ZG, 47's and M20,21's, thoroughly "scrubbed, reblued and W. German proofed, and sold by Waffenfrankonia, made it past the zealous port inspectorate. Then they (U.S.) sent the inspectors off to school.......

Posts: 199 | Location: Kalispell MT. | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Believe it or not, I have known dealers that think Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were the same country.

Yes. And I have met postal clerks that think New Mexico is a foreign country! And to confuse matters further, we now have Slovakia and the Czech Republic, two separate nations! And Yugoslavia, which is really no longer just one country either!

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Interarms was once the importer of the CZ's - and in accordance with ATF rules for marking imported guns - placed thier name on them.

It's a CZ - imported prior to CZUSA being established. A few other companies have historically imported them as well.