Find
Notify
Tools

I need a screw ---- for a CZ rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
Somehow I managed to lose the screw that goes through the fore-arm into the barrel log on my CZ 550 American Safari 458 WM. Does anyone have one for sale. I know CZ will have them but I thought I would try here first.

Thnaks

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a thought in case someone here doesan't reply, American Hunting rifles might sell you one. Also, they have new allen head screws to replace the old standard screw's. Work pretty slick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
William, If you don't find what you need here at AR, the contact at CZ is senior gunsmith Mike Eagleshield. A little drop of blue Locktite will keep that screw from backing out.

gunsmith@CZUSA.com

Posts: 135 | Location: Colorado Mtns. | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a front floorplate screw that will work OK. Same screw as the forearm screw except thickness of the head is a little more than that of the forearm screw. Chuck it in drill press and reduce the thickness with a file on the inside edge (where you can't see it) and you will be good to go. If you want it, PM me and I will send it to you.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote