New
Find
Notify
Tools

building a synthetic stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok I'm going to build a synthetic stock. I'll take pictures along the way and post them here. Has anyone here ever tried this, or do you know someone who has, cause I'd sure like to talk to them??? I'm doing this because many of the stock out there are copies that don't fit me and just need some modification. doziene@auburn.edu, please contact me if you have any experience with this. Many thanks Cool

Posts: 59 | Location: Ok city, OK | Registered: 21 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Lee Six in California. I think he made a stock once. SmilerPhone (408) 999-0201

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the material your planning on using ?.

Synthetic covers a Vast area need more info .

You might try contacting an established stock manufacturer and ask they leave one long or rough and modify it to your specs . just an Idea as depending on what you had in mind can be tricky as well as expensive RTM ,SCRIM ,SMC ,HPM, or hand lay up on what mold with what materials ?. Vacuum inducing ? E Glass S Glass Kevlar Carbon or Armid Twaron Spectra Boron ??. It gets complicated as well as expensive

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. K

I'm planning on using kevlar, graphite and glass.

Posts: 59 | Location: Ok city, OK | Registered: 21 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK ; Hand lay up ? Solid or two halves sandwiched with epoxy ?. Cutting kevlar is a bitch without ceramic cutters !. It fuzzes when abrading !. What kind of Glass ?. What are you using for a mold or molds ?.

ACG is some where in Oklahoma do you have any wholesale supply outlets around you ?. Why graphite ?.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote