New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipe-out
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that black stuff you got out was powder fouling. I generally use a couple of patches with Kroil after the WipeOut treatment to get the last of the powder fouling out. I'll be willing to bet that the next time you clean your gun you will only need one treatment to get it clean, regardless of the bullet used. Let us know, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Just form reasing what you all posted, I'm betting it was those Barnes Bullets that were the culprit. Thoughts? jorge

While I haven't tried the Barnes bullets, I would tend to agree with you. Did you try the test I suggested previously? I would be really interested in the results.

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
My hunch was right guys, it's those darned Barnes TSXs. Just got back from the range, fired six TSXs, six, Remington Core Lockts and three Winchester Power Points. Got back and squirted WO in the bore. Two hours later the stuff came out DEEP BLUE. Fire approximately the same number of rounds out of my 416 Rigby using a combination of Hornadys solids and softs and Swift A FRames and the patch came out light blue. They are supposed to be great bullets those TSXs but no thanks, I think I'll stick to Noslers and A Frames. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Barnes bullets foul bores, end of story.........

To answer someones question..I simply use an over size for caliber piece of wood dowell with a patch over it to plug the bore at the throat, it works fine....the 1/4 dowell works on about all calibers, make up for fit with a patch or two.....My dowell is about a foot long so its easy to use....

I remove the black cone from the Wipe out can, and stick a piece of surgical tubing over it thats about 15 inches long, give it a squirt and watch the foam push the tubing out....

I see no reason to get wipe out on the wood, I'm cleaning the bore only.....Wipe Out can be left in the bore over night on really bad bores, but mostly I leave it for 30 minutes to 2 hours.....

Posts: 41964 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
You got that right Ray! Just finished ANOTEHR 24hr Wipe Out session. Barrel's still blue. Lighter, but blue nevertheless. I just emailed a friend of mine, I'm sending him a care package with all my Barnes X inventory. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote