New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warne QD rings on a Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been thinking of switching over to these on my Ruger Alaskan 375. Scope will be a Leupold 2.5x8.

Anyone have Warne QD's on there Rugers? How do you like them? How is there return to zero?
Thanks in advance.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put Waren's on my mod 77 Mll 300 win mag several years ago. They will go back to zero every time. They are not as streamlined as I would. The issue Ruger rings will hold zero after being removed as well. I just like the levers, and ability to remove and reinstall with out any tools in the field.

Hang on TITE !!

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I have them on my 416 Rigby.

No problems with them, but I am not shooting for sub MOA repeatability.

I am not consistent enough with it to blame the rings. Wink

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Warnes and the earlier version, Kimbers, also various other supposedly-return-to-zero mounts, albeit not specifically made for Rugers. The Kimbers & Warnes I've used have given true return-to-zero performance within 1/2 (0.5) MOA according to my testing, using several rifles. I would assume that the ones cut specifically for the Rugers will give similar splendid performance and I sure wouldn't hesitate to use them.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I have the Warne QD rings on a Ruger African 375. They work great. I have taken them off twice just to check them. Still shoots great.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote