Find
Notify
Tools

Euro solidarity
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Calling all AR members in Europe! I think most of you are aware of the incredible solidarity being shown for the Silver Lining Scholarship drive spearheaded by ForrestB. If not, take a little time to read the (long) thread on the project. I have volunteered to assist with pledges/donations for those in Europe who want to contribute, but sadly only have Euros and no US dollars. I am willing to convert your Euro check into US dollars, or, for those who like wire transfers, provide you with the banking details for a direct contribution to the Scholarship Fund account set up in the USA. Please PM me for those details if you would like to participate.

While it is a worthy cause, we also want to solicite your views on the engraving of the rifle. We probably have, as a group, some pretty good examples of tasteful engraving we can provide to the project. Let's get together on this and provide both financial and technical input to the project.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wink,
Thanks for your work making it a little easier for those of us in Europe to contribute something towards this so worthy cause.

Glen / Forrest - I have the Scholarship Fund's banking details. Just wondering if there's a better way than me paying a $10 wire transfer fee, then possibly have your bank also charge a receipt fee as well (it's happened to me a few times with US banks). It quickly eats into a $100 contribution.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What about Paypal??

I don't think they charge for private transactions only commercial ones..

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT.
I worked out a PayPal solution with Forrest. Seems better than a wire or international bank draft if they're the only other alternatives.

Thanks Forrest.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote