THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need to line or re-barrel a Remington rolling block

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to line or re-barrel a Remington rolling block
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a NY contract Remington rolling block rifle from a gunsmith's estate. It's been refinished with new wood, and has a 34" 54 Cal octagon muzzleloading barrel threaded for an in-line system, with the ejector correctly knotched out. I'd like to have it lined and chambered for 50-90 Sharps. A close second would be re-barrelling to same caliber.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a 'Smith to complete my project. I've called Bobby Hoyt, but he's taking a well-deserved vacation. Just wanting to check my options.
Thanks.

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might give John Taylor a call.

https://johntaylormachine.com/

Posts: 741 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Second the recommendation of contacting John Taylor. He has rebarreled and chambered two rolling blocks for me, one in .50-70 and one in .44-77, both using Green Mountain BPCR barrels. Be aware that longer, large-diameter straight cartridges can have issues clearing the hammer on a rolling block.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote