Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver Rifles .375 Ruger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
I had Kevin Weaver of Weaver Rifles in Peyton, Colorado build a .375 Ruger for me for an all-purpose carry gun for the Alaskan bush and/or African veldt. I had a standard pre-64 Winchester laying around and wanted a project for it and the .375 Ruger peaked my interest...

Kevin worked the action over to true her and open the bolt face. Worked the rails over to get her to feed the fat cartridges. We added a 24" SS Kreiger barrel, NECG sights and barrel band swivel, cerakoted all the metal and bedded her in a Hi-Tech stock. She turned out just the way I wanted her to... a touch over 9 pounds with Leica scope and Talley bases and rings.

Most importantly for a DG rifle, she feeds cartridges very easily from magazine to chamber. Now if temps in south Texas will drop from the high 90's to something a bit more tolerable I will take her out to the range and put her through her paces... can't wait!

Thanks again, Kevin!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love it. What are the dimensions on the barrel?

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks... it's a #6 contour.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Russell,

Very nice. How do you like the Leica scopes?

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
very nice!!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice. How do you like the Leica scopes?

Mike

It's nice, Mike. From what I understand, Leupold actually made them. I have a 4.5x14 Leica on a custom .340 Weatherby and it has been an excellent scope, good clarity and fine adjustments... hope this one performs as well!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle!

I am probably going to have him do the same thing for me.

I'll forgo the drama and just send him a Ruger Alaskan hawkeye to workover.

My gunsmith has had my rifle for 2 years and I am no closer to having a 375 Ruger. So it's time to work it through another angle.

thanks for posting,

PS

I had heard good things about the Leica, word was they were made in America with Leica's glass. Not sure if it was Burris or Leupold, but I think it was Burris.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote