New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to T/C trigger job
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was told that T/C triggers were easy to work on.
i have never done one an a Contender .I have done many on Rem,win.Any one know how?

P.S It's a SS T/C made in 95

Thanks Reloaderlen

Posts: 237 | Location: Wesson ms | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mike Belm has downloadable instructions for the T/C Encore Trigger Job, which should be similar to the Contender. Below is the link to his homepage - just download the instructions.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/

Best Regards,
Devon Hubbard

Posts: 3 | Location: Claremore, OK | Registered: 13 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woooah, just a minute, the Contender and the Encore have only two things in common, they both use the same barrels and they're made by Thompson Center. The triggers are TOTALLY different. The contender needs very little in the way of trigger work. The Contender trigger is adjustable for engagement, and overtravel and the weight can be adjusted by tuning the trigger return spring. The only stoning I would do to a Contender would be to smooth up and rough edges or burrs.
The Encore is another breed altogether and I don't feel it is possible to have the fine trigger that can be had on the Contender. Acceptable, yes, great, no way. This is another one of the "new and improved" products. Why in the world didn't they leave it alone.

<Cossack>
posted
The Contender and Encore barrels are not interchangeable. The new G2 (a miniaturized version of the Encore)and Contender are, however.
Encore triggers can be worked, quite easily. The most notable effect can be achieved by replacing the factory triggers spring at minimal cost. Mike Bellum sells these. I've done several.The trigger on the Encore my frame used with 22 Hornet and 284 Win. went from 5 lbs to 2.25, is crisp and w/o overtravel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are correct, I was thinking G2 and talking Encore. I am not familiar with the G2 trigger, but would assume it is the same as the Encore. They are not nearly as adjustable as the Contender. They can however be worked to a fairly good trigger.