New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 12
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have access to model 12 without barrel. If I want to try to find a barrel, what issues am I looking at in fitting to action. Only barrel is missing has forearm assembly.

Thanks

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Stan Bakers in LakeCity, Wa. and talk to Olsen. He probably has one if you aren't picky on barrel length or choke.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyK-9:
Have access to model 12 without barrel. If I want to try to find a barrel, what issues am I looking at in fitting to action. Only barrel is missing has forearm assembly.

Thanks

You will need the barrel, receiver extension, barrel adjusting sleeve, lock and screw, and all the hardware to attach the magazine/forearm/action slide assy.

Using the adjusting sleeve, fitting the barrel to the receiver is pretty simple. You may need to change chamber rings to correct any headspace issues though. You might consider hiring this part of the work done if you have headspace issues. A gunsmith should be able to set the headspace for you.

Here is one source for parts: http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0950z12

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote