Notify
Tools

Ladies rifle in .270 ......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
Well.......my version anyway.

I'll take some better photos when its put together.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lovely! Is having the nose of the comb that far forward part of the fit to a smaller hand?

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it looks like one.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
DJ,

For a hand thats only 3" wide it fits nicely. My hands dont fit it at all. For an average guy the nose would be too far forward. Im not sure if Im ready to declare that moving those forward is the way to make a rifle for a small hand. I just tried a lot of grip shapes and moved the nose around on the pattern until I got the fit that she liked.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, It seemed to me that maybe a ladies hand would have less meat around the thumb and maybe that might be a factor in why it might fit.
I wish that I had a set of hand tracings and then be able to correlate that to what grip design fit each hand the best..........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote