New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win. Pre-64 Mod. 70 .243
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the value of a Winchester Pre-64 Model 70 in .243Win. The gun is 95% and possibly a Featherweight. This gun is in great shape, chekering is sharp and no scratches on the wood, bluing excellent. Sorry I cannot remember if it is a Featherweight or not. What would be the difference in value between the two. Thanks in advance.
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
850+ maybe a tad more for the standard weigh over the FW

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you are located, but if the serial number of that rifle is 464647, it is a fake, put together from parts. I know that because I originally owned the gun when it was new. It was in .358 Winchester originally. I sold it to a fellow with a gun store in Superior, Arizona. I got it back later as part of another deal and found he had re-barreled it to .243 winchester for whatever reasons. so, I sold it at the Portland (Oregon) Expo gun show for only $450 because it was not original.

Was a good shooter as a .243, but not an original .243 calibre gun. I know the odds are low that SN is the one of the rifle you are looking at, but just in case, thought you should have this info.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
Perry County Firearms specializes in Winchesters. A nice site that makes youu drool. Here is a M70 featherweight he has listed.
http://www.pcfirearms.com/winchesters/model70/G-2070.html

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote