THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Can a Bell&Carlson stock for Interarms MK X fit a Zastava rifle?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a Bell&Carlson stock for Interarms MK X fit a Zastava rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, I plan to buy a Zastava M70 cal. 375HH and possibly change the stock; can the Bell&Carlson for Interarms MKX fit? Thanks.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I started to say sure. Thinking you were talking about the late Daly, or the Rem 798. I have never heard of a Zastava M70.

If it really the 798 375H&H it should fit with minor work. The Daly's and the one 798 I've seen do have a slightly thinner taper than the old MKX I have used them in various MKX stocks and the thinner barrel has not normally required any filling.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod, here we haven't any Daly or Interarms rifle; Zastava bolt actions are available in 2 dimensions, M70 for medium and large calibers and M85 for short cartridges (mini Mauser). Hope this help.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
I put a Zastava M70 (aka Mk 10) in a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock. It required minor fitting around the action and inletting the barrel channel to get a good fit. Keep in mind, that Bell and Carlson recommends using their Medalist stock (with the integral aluminum bedding block) for use with the heavy magnums.

Regards,
S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One might note as well with the synthetic stock you are going to have a lot more recoil with it!! I found this out in my 340 WBY.

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why Van? Is it because the synthetic stock is lighter?

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zastava bolt actions are available in 2 dimensions, M70 for medium and large calibers

OK I had just never heard M70 and MKX as the same action. Your action should fit just fine in a MKX style stock with very minor work.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The easy way to find out is call them (620 225 6688) Just got a medalist from them and had to speak with them a few times on the phone and anyone that I spoke with was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the product. BTW first inspection of my stock I like it quite a bit, will know more after I open up the barrel channel and get it mounted. But first impression is very positive.

gabe

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!