New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best replacement Remi trigger?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just acquired a Rem 700, which needs a better trigger. I don't feel competent enough to modify the factory trigger, so any ideas on replacements?
Cheers
Ed

Posts: 93 | Location: Hants. UK | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Jewell is among the best trigger available.....it is more expensive than some others but well worth it for a good shooting gun or just to enjoy the fantastic feel.......they are available for bench gun without safety or field use with factory type safety.......again they are costly but you won't regret the money after you feel the trigger ....imo....good luck and good shooting!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Edmac,

I have a Remington trigger that Neil Jones modified, and it works well.

http://www.neiljones.com/

This is cheaper that buying a new unit.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About any good smith can make them in the 2-3 pound range, resprung and cleaned up (tool marks and proper engagments) runs about 30-45 bucks. Shilen and Rifle Basix make a nice trigger, they run about $60.00-$80.00 plus you need them installed and adjusted. IMO I would opt for a rebuild before I replaced the trigger with a hunter model of one those brands. Alot of guys have had trouble with Rem triggers but mine all work great after proper tuning. A jewel is the ultimate. Only thing is they have a problem with showing up on all of your rifles. They run about $200.00