New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converting EJECTORS to EXTRACTORS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
on an O/U such as Beretta 687 series. Is this more than removing the ejector plunger pin and spring out of the forend irons? Will this work or is there more to it? Thank you

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Ultraman--

I'm not familiar with that system but most wont work. They have to have a "pusher" for the extractors and ejectors work off of hammers (Southgate system) or a captured, spring loaded plunger system.......which covers about everything else.

Look at them and see.

I shot competition just long enough that I catch ejected hulls before they clear the gun on every shot anyhow......even on Chukkars when I really NEED them to clear and go far so I can reload quick. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks JBelk, I do the same as far as catching the hulls. This was a request from a customer of mine. I have repaired so many extractors, I wish just once I had seen if they functioned without but I bet you are correct.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best Beretta man in the US is Rich Coles of Coles Gunsmithing in Maine.

COLES GUNSMITHING

I was interested in having this done a few years back on an 686 and was told it's entirely doable. I just didn't want to spend the money at the time. You might give him a call and maybe he'll talk to you as a professional courtesy. They are very good people to deal with and get the work done right and on time. He converted mine to double triggers.

Rob

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote