Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel band swivel base on light contour
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
I'm going to put together a rifle for a sister in law with either a Douglas #1 or feather weight barrel. I like barrel band swivel bases, any issues on such a light contour? I'm thinking along the lines of accuracy. It will be a 7x57 with a 22in tube.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
any issues on such a light contour

Make certain that sister-in-law understands that IF she pulls on the sling when sighting that will affect point of impact.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've got one on a featherweight barrel in .270Win. No affects on accuracy but I don't use the sling as a shooting aid either.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I kinda guessed the only factor would be using a shooting sling position. I'm still drawing it but I'm looking at a shortish forearm and I also like how the rifle carries lower on the shoulder with the barrel band.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have a Talley band on a 22" .30-06 Pre-64 Win FWT and iut looks good, not mention very functional

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote