THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is a good gunsmith for a rechambering job?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have wanted a 6.5x68 for quite some time and have thought about taking the cheaper route by having a CZ Lux in 6.5x55 rechambered, the bolt face opened up, and the rails widened (if this is required). Most new rifles in this caliber must be special ordered from Europe and it can get quite expensive. Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith for this type of project? I own a 6.5x55 already and it is one of my all time favorites, but I want a 6.5x68 with a Bavarian hogsback style stock in my battery as well. This seemed the cheapest and most sensible way to go. I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me a price range for such a project. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 283 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe D'Arcy Echols could give a referral, he's in your neighborhood. Or you might try contacting one of these fellas for some input. http://www.acgg.org/ I've some nice work by Mr. Erhardt up in Helena, MT, his turn around time is very good as well. You may need to supply the reamers, don't know what his inventory is. He has been around for quite awhile however.

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
9.3 rifleman
Kevin Weaver would be a exclent choice his work is superior. He is working on two projects for me now. Also The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society chose him to build their 30th anniversary rifle.

Weaver Rifles
16850 Sage Creek Road
Peyton, CO 80831
(719)683-3024

http://www.weaverrifles.com/index.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray Montgomery in Grand Junction, CO, has does a really good job of rechambering a couple of rifles for me. You might have to buy/rent a reamer, since 6.5x68 has got to be darned uncommon in the US.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote