New
Find
Notify
Tools

Repair on Weaver K3 scope??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Posted in optics section as well, but looking for source of repair for Weaver K3 steel tube scope. Have use for it if I can get it repaired. All feedback appreciated, thanks

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver Scope Repair Service
1121 Larry Mahan Dr. #B
El Paso TX 79925
Ph: 1 (915) 593-1005

This is the shop that does the repair of original Weaver scopes. it's run by people who were Weaver employees before Olin shut them down.
I've sent three scopes back to them so far, and each time the charge was $75.00 after you sent the scope for inspection and repair. It does take a bit of time getting the scope back as apparently they're busier than hell but I find it well worth the wait. They not only fix the scope but clean the insides and refill it with nitrogen after replacing all the seals. They've done two fix and one variable scope for me and I've been happy with the results.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my understanding is that they are no longer in business.

It's a shame as I have a couple in need of repair.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Here is an e-mail link to Bill Ackerman

mailto: oscope@aol.com

Bill was an optical engineer who was employed by Weaver for many years in the El Paso location. He is currently located in Santa Teresita, New Mexcio if he is still alive.
(That is a western suburb of El Paso TX, just over the border into NM.)

He has done all my Weaver repairs for many years, and does really nice work. As he designed many of the Weaver optical systems, he knows how they should work...and makes them do so. He also has parts for them.

You might try contacting him by e-mail, to see if he is still alive and still accepting work. I do not believe he played any role in the other El Paso post-Weaver repair facility which recently closed.

BTW, for those who are interested, he also boosts Weaver magnifications by 60%, for an inexpensive price.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just shot him an email and it came back as undeliverable. I too, have an old Weaver, in need of repair.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just tried calling them and the phone has been disconnected. thumbdown I wonder what happened.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would guess there are several truck loads of those scopes out there and would think the repair business would do OK, but apparently it did not work out for them. I also tried to call and no luck! I am going to do a Google search for optics/scope repair and see what comes up for such jobs. Find anything will post.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you google "Weaver scope repair - Bill Ackerman", you will get Bill's physical address in St. Teresita, and probably his phone number.

He would not be any spring chicken by now, so he could have passed away recently. Something keeps niggling at the back of my mind that I had heard that somewhere, but I don't want to put him in the position of Sam Clemens ("Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated").

Anyway, if there is any news good or bad about Bill, I sure hope you'll report it here.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a search and come up with a couple phone numbers and made two calls, two different numbers, and both were reported as being disconnected?? One was a 505 AC and the other 915. Not to read anything into that as to the status of the gentleman, but obvious not active at this time. I will keep up the quest for Weaver scope repairs. Later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does look likethe El Paso operation is
closed. If you google Telescopic sight repair
you will get several listings of others.
Good Luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Parsons Scope Service
POB 192
Ross, OH 45061
(513) 867-0820

Don't know if he is still in business or not. Nice guy who can head you in the right direction if he has retired from working on them.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Parsons Scope Service
POB 192
Ross, OH 45061
(513) 867-0820

Don't know if he is still in business or not. Nice guy who can head you in the right direction if he has retired from working on them.

Hi, HotCore -

I'm surprised to see Gil (Parsons) is doing Weavers. He was backlogged in his specialty, which is doing Unertls. Hope he IS doing them. We sure need someone of his skills providing the service.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOOD NEWS ABOUT WEAVER SCOPES!!

Spoke with Parsons firm and they directed me to Ironsight, INC. located in Tulsa, OK. Lady informed that as we spoke on the phone, Mr. Mike Sexton was in Texas buying the spares from the former repair center. Fixed scope fee for the 3X old Weaver is 75.00 payable with shipment of the scope to them.

Where to send is as follows:

Ironsight Inc.
4814 South Elwood Ave.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107

Phone: 1-918 521-7736

Attention: MR. Mike Sexton -(and include general idea/description of problem you are wanting taken care of by these folks.)

I will be sending mine off to them tomorrow.

Hope this helps for others having the same need for repair work on their old Weavers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey dsiteman, That is really good news indeed. I just updated my Address Book.

Thanks for the update.
-----

Hey AC, I had no idea at all that he worked on Unertls. Good guy who spent a good bit of time with me on the phone(at his expense) a very long time ago.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always pays to have a back up: Osborne Optics 8158 W. Maryland Av. Glendale AZ 85303 623 847 4705 This guy can bring any scope "back from the grave"

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Duane,
You are right about having a backup source, much appreciated informatin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw on another forum that Ackerman is supposedly who Sightron is sending customers to for reticle changes. You might try contacting Sightron tech support for his contact information.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen Mike Sexton's booth at Tulsa's Wanenmacher's Gun Show through the years. His work is very nice and I remember that he did a lot of USA Redfields. A nice guy as well. This will work out well getting someone setup that is dependable to do repairs on the old Weavers.

Posts: 156 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Duane, Just stuck Osborne Optics in the book too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
dsiteman

Did you check Ironsight's turn around time.
Hope your not in a hurry as he is at least 20 weeks out.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Was told it would be some months, but OK with me on this one for it is going to go on a rifle I am expecting to receive end of the year. No need to get in a hurry when it comes to guns and their "extras."

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
talked to the nice lady at ironsights yesterday... flat rate fee on scope, 3-4 months turnaround.... www.ironsightinc.com

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote