Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Will the stock on a savage model 110 work on a savage 112 ?

I just got a Savage 112 and I don't think I like the stock but Midway has the camo ones and the bell and carlson's for the model 110. I put my 112 next to my friends 110 and the stocks looked identical.

Any ideas?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, same stock, depending on barrel channel.

3 digit model numbers (110, 111, 112, 114) are long action.
2 Digit model numbers (10, 12) are short action.

Barrels are somewhat interchangeable between the two, but not the stocks.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jason

One more question. The 112 that I have is Chambered in 300 RUM but I can find no information on it. Did savage quit making their guns in the Ultra mag? Also how would I find out if the barrel channel will work for my ultra mag, which has a considerably larger diameter and length in barrel then my friends 110 in 7mm RM.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about current production. It might be the contour called "Factory Magnum."

Savage used a large shank barrel for RUM and WSM calibers. I don't know if that affects stock choice. Best source is savageshooters.com.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up your action on Sharp Shooters Supply web site. Over the years there have been several changes in Savages mostly screw hole location. Fred has a date/serial number reference guide for the stock configurations.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote