Find
Notify
Tools

Vanguard/Howa Scope Rail
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Folks

I’m trying to order (by mail) a scope rail for my long action (270) Vanguard (same as a Howa). I know the Remington 700 LA base pattern will fit in terms of screw hole alignment.

However my pet peeve on bases is when they are not “sculpted” to suit the ejection port i.e. the sculpting cuts don’t align to the receiver rings and so they look like they intrude. I know functionally it doesn’t matter . . . .

I can get a reasonable deal on the “Weaver Tactical Base for Rem 700” but can’t find a picture of one fitted up that I can verify “fits” in terms of aligning with the ejection port to my satisfaction.

Does anyone have a Vanguard or Howa long action fitted with this rail as a base ??

Thanks Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
I believe you can get them straight from Legacy Sports or Brownells. From what I understand, Rem bases will fit, but not work (like you said).

Legacy Sports

You can see what they look like installed here.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rub Line

My problem is the Legacy picture look like weaver rail, but are they the actual Weaver thing or an in-house alternative ??

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tentman:
Thanks Rub Line

My problem is the Legacy picture look like weaver rail, but are they the actual Weaver thing or an in-house alternative ??

I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Legacy bases are made by EGW and are standard Picatinny Rail. I pretty sure that picatinny rail is what Weaver calls 'Weaver Tactical' bases. The Legacy bases should work with any Picatinny rings.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote