New
Find
Notify
Tools

SVL Barrel De-resonator
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone tried out one of these?
I know other SVL products work very well, but this one is new to me. Here's a link:
www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/firearms/barrelderes.aspx
Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 12 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a site that provides a Barrel Stabilizer that one guy on the Reloading Board said worked miracles on one of those Ruger 223Rem semi-autos that are notorious for 5"-10" groups.

www.henrich3.com

I've not tried one, but the concept is certainly sound.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Sims barrel De-resonator isn't quite what it claims to be. It does not deresonate the barrel. It is in essence a cheap BOSS. By moving the De-resonator around you can play with the harmonics to increase accuracy. It does work, but not the way they say it does.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've not used one, but a friend has virtually the same thing on an Anchutz and loves it.

I can tell you they definitely work to cancel vibrations on archery equipment. I don't see why it wouldn't help on a gun barrel.

I may have to try one.

Jim

Liberals make me puke.

Posts: 209 | Location: Heart of the Bluegrass, KY | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I agree with you on the Archery Equipment, but I don't think it made me or the bow more accurate, just quieter and less hand shock.
I guess I'll have to see how much they run and decide if it's worth messing around with.
Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 12 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote