New
Find
Notify
Tools

model 70 floor plate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the magazine hinge floor plate release button is really hard to move, so releasing the floor plate is difficult. broke one, and had to replace. who has a solution to this problem.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
With a round file, enlarge the notch on the floorplate to allow more clearance. Or, you can shim the trigger bow portion up so the button clears the plate. Either way will work depending on the situation.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be "snotty" but, try one of these;

http://gunloads.com/clients/william/store/product_info....635bed686ae10b481434

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used the round file trick before, it works. A 7/32" chain saw file fits perfectly, just a couple of easy strokes to take the rough edges off usually works.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's how I've been doing it as shims get lost going that route can lead to other little issues the just eat up shop time, but I did find out recently that not everyone is satisfied with that fix. But then they tend to be extremely anal retentive types who want Cadillac work at Yugo prices.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help. will try the file method.