New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger M77 bolt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a friend looking for a bolt for the tang saftey ruger. 6mm rem length.
yuman

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with the 5mm rem, but if a -06 MkI bolt would work, I have one for $125

Posts: 1315 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My error it is a 6mm rem are they all the same length?
Yuman

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I must go to my friends place and try the bolt from my 7x57 if it works we probibly have a deal. It will be tomorrow before I get there to check. he lives about 20 miles from me.

Barry M Goldwater.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
The 6mm should be a short action and the '06 would be a long action. They will be different lengths. Every once in a while you'll find one on Gunbroker. Any of the short action 308 bolt face one's should work but would have to check headspace. Good luck.

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the short action. I tried to put my bolt from my M77 In 7x57 it is too long. We have about given up on a search. A bolt from a MKII will not work.
Lyle

Barry M Goldwater.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you checked with Ruger? You'll will probably have to send the rifle to them.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Jack First Gunshop, had a lot of Ruger parts at one time.

www.jackfirstgun.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are still looking, call Numrich. They don't have any cataloged parts for the tang safety models. But they may have some tang safety stuff left that they don't have in the catalog. I've lucked into a few parts that I needed this way.
Good Luck
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote