Find
Notify
Tools

SMLE magazine and the 375/303
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted
Following from my thread under Wildcats, what modifications will be necessary to fit 10 rounds of 375/303 into the SMLE magazine? The side ribs force the cases to cross over each other too much resulting in what looks like a need for a square bottom mag or maybe just loosing the ribs. Either way, it seems like a complete magazine rebuild. The 375/303 retains the case body taper but opens the shoulder and neck to case diameter.

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you think it is just a magazine issue, look at what ProMag offers.

http://cliffsgunsmithing.com/C...g_ProMag_Enfield.htm

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link ShopCartRacing. Nice to know they can be had new.

Here is a pic of a Lee Enfield magazine holding fatter cartridges like I have in mind. Note the difference in mag width. (The title of the picture is 'Standard' so I am a little confused here. bewildered It doesn't look modified but those cases do not work in my magazine for some reason. But then, the several magazines I have for different rifles, are not interchangeable. Confused (Now where did I get that picture?)

The standard mag with 303 cartridges.

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote