New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Stock Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but does anyone have any advice on how to make a black synthetic factory stock look better?
I have a tikka T3 blued barrel and action sitting in a black synthetic factory stock.
I've had stocks painted in the past and they initially look good but quickly chip.
Any thoughts or advice about dipping/hydro graphics?
Or should I just buy a bell and carlson and stop being cheap? It just pains me to buy another stock when I already have one.
Any imput or thoughts are appreciated.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Dipping might last longer. Problem stuff just doesn't like to stick. Dipping isn't exactly cheap either.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
One of my customers got hold of his kids sticky book with all of those rubber stickys for putting on lunch pails, school binders and bicycles. He degreased his Remington, Tonka Toy plastic stock and stuck it profusely with stickys and then sand Blasted it and then pulled off all of the stickys. He now has a coal grey stock covered with Hello Kitty, Sailor Moon and assorted other shiny, black cartoon silhouettes. It looks - - - - - - - - - - whatever. A leaf pattern might look OK.

coffee

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote