Find
Notify
Tools

Paint -- I need paint
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
Need to refinsh one of my plastic handles -- where does one find the "splatter" type paints -- looked in Brownells but could not find any. Call me stupid but loaned out one of my rifles with a painted plastic handle -- bad mistake -- came back pretty beat up. I have not so much as chipped or scratched the finish in many years -- few weeks in the hand of a friend who cannot for the life of himself figure why I am totally pissed at him ---ARGUH!!~!!----need paint!?

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I paint cars. I don't use a spray bomb aerosol can. With a spray gun just don't add any reducer and turn the fan spray control off. The technique is called 'gunning' and produces a splatter or wrinkle finish.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Thanks -- but somebody out there is selling a spray can that splatters paint
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
It is called "fleckstone" or "granite" or something similar depending on the brand.

I bet it will be on the spray paint top, just go to a large hardware store and glance over the tops of the spray cans and I bet you'll see a couple of textured ones.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Walmart. They carry Rustoleum and Plasti-cote textured finishes which both work very well.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's called Krylon webbing. You can buy it at local craft stores, it comes in a 1/2 size can in gold, silver, and black.

Posts: 40 | Location: northern NY | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a stock this year with the Fleckstown granite paint. I hunted all year out of a portable treestand, lugging that sucker back and forth looks as good as the day I did it. Nice texture, easy to hold on to but does not sand your face like Spray Grit from Brownells. If you ding it, stuff is thick enough to cover guages and pinholes.

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
I used flecstone on a dinged up wooden stock and liked how it turned out. Just put some sort of clear coat/sealer over it and it becomes very durable.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote