Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for original Sako stock??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

Would anyone be able to help me know where I might be able to purchase an original L691 Sako stock for my Sako .375 H+H? I realize it would be far easier buying a replacement, etc, however I want to keep this rifle as an original Sako. Tried Beretta but they don't ship o/s Frowner.
Many thanks in advance!

Adrian.

Melbourne
Australia

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hi Adrian

I have a Sako in .375 H&H which had the wooden stock removed before it was ever shot.

It is one of the 2 lug Sako's, not the newer 3 lug ones. It says "AV" on the side of the action -- would that be what you are after? I admit to giving up on remembering Sako models...

It has one ding in it (during storage -- sob!) but has never been hunted. Nice walnut, matt oil finish.

Let me know if you are interested via a PM.

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi John,
Many thanks for your reply mate. Unfortunately the L691 model I have will not take the AV model (otherwise I would buy yours in a flash)! I also encountered this same problem yesterday from someone with a beautiful stock for sale, but again, it is the AV model. I'll keep plugging away. Someone's got have one coffee
Adrian

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hi Adrian

Well, I will keep an eye open for you. Lots of guys have jumped on the "plastic stock" bandwagon here and there are some wooden stocks to be had.

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jpb: -vad ska du ha för stocken?

Posts: 168 | Location: North of the Arctic circle,in Sweden | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Many thanks! If you do hear of one around the traps that would be great! Feel free to pm me or email me on adrianbrown26@hotmail.com. Asti, thanks also (but I'm not sure what you said?).

Cheers,

Adrian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh! I was just wondering how much jpb wants for his stock. Sorry for hijacking! Wink

Posts: 168 | Location: North of the Arctic circle,in Sweden | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I boughr a 223 size stock for my son from one of the Sydney GS last year, may have been Safari Arms (?). Have a ring around, i'm sure you will find one.
Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1943 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Just got a text message, then a call, then some email photo's and I've now got the stock. It's fairly plain compared to all the wrong model stocks offered but it was taken off the rifle all thoses years ago and is mint! As for me now?,.. dancing

Many thanks!,

Adrian!