Find
Notify
Tools

English Stock Blanks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted
Anyone have any experience purchasing blanks from Stephen Heilman or Jim Preslik. Any other recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks JC

Posts: 102 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purchased stock blanks from both of them. PM coming

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JC375

I some time ago was referred to Luxus Walnut by a friend.

I am passing on the favor. Here is there link.

http://www.luxusgunstock.com/

Adam and Clay are in charge there. Great Guys. They will take care of you and stand by there product. They are both very passionate about what they do.

Take Care

One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
Thanks maxbear for the reminder. I have been to their site before. I will check it out again.

Thanks JC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own one stock of Heilmans and it nice but I also own 10 from luxus and they are better and a better price. You can't be Adam and Clay for good guys.

Darrell Ragar

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Preslik offers very nice blanks at very good prices.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I am a first time buyer and have a lot of questions. Your help is priceless.
Jim Kobe you have a PM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
do a search on here of Forrest B's posts in the past few months if you are a first time buyer. He has quite a bit of experience in picking blanks and he laid out in detail how he goes about it. Another one to search would be SDH, aka Mr. Hughes, who has also posted in detail in what to look for in a good English blank. And finally, it might be a good idea to consult your stockmaker. Many times they have gone to conventions and hand picked blanks from the various purveyors. Who knows, maybe the Stocker you have in mind already has the blank you are looking for, or in the alternative could tell you what kind of blank they like to work with.

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
I have over 30 blanks from Gordon.... Some of the best wood that exists...

http://www.oldtreegunblanks.com/

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boss Hoss

Yes, Gordon is a great guy. I bought a Tiger Maple blank from him thats just beautiful. Gordon and his wife are good people who haven't forgotten what customer service is.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have purchased five blanks from Steve Heilman. All were very fairly priced and were dry. Steve is easy to deal with as well. I have also purchased a blank from Lexus and was completely satisfied. I have no experience with Jim Preslik, so can not offer a reasoned opinion.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3835 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
A member here by the name TC1 picked up a nice blank from DRESSELS not long ago. Sure was purdy...they have them from a $100.00 to around a quarter of a million dollars. Wink I have not bought from them, but when i have asked about one, they have gone out of their way to talk or e-mail me on them!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
I hope every one who is interested in fine guns, hunting and reloading finds AR. I will do the recommened searchs and thanks again for all the advice.JC

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Just a FYI about Gordon Smith at Old Tree---he cuts his own stuff from start to finish (no middle man) and has some of the best English I have ever seen right now. Just a sample:
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks lke a pile of green firewood to me

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote