Find
Notify
Tools

G33/40 Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys,

I've found a sporterized G33/40 at a local gunshop. Looks to be in pretty good condition with the exception of a lyman peep sight being mounted on the right hand side of the back of the action. I'm thinking of buying it as a donor for a 6.5 swede, can probably get it for $600.

Would really appreciate any insights, or more specifically if this sounds like a good or bad idea, have wanted a 6.5 swede built on a g33 for some time, feel like this is relatively cheap optionality to decide if I want to build one in the future.

Thanks very much

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the action is nice, don't walk, run down and get it before someone else buys it! $600 is not a bad price these days.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys - any concerns about the lyman affecting the strength of the action? I would not think so, but don't know?

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10generation:
Thanks guys - any concerns about the lyman affecting the strength of the action? I would not think so, but don't know?

Won't hurt a thing.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
If the holes are drilled neatly they may not even need more than plug screws, depending on the build.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote