New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need 0.200" Remington recoil lug
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've gone and ordered the wrong lug and can't find a place that has a 0.200" lug in stock.

Anyone have one I can buy or a hint on some place that may have one?

Any help appreciated.

Tom (Dallas)

Posts: 80 | Location: Colorado Springs, Co | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they have a .200 lug, but I do know this place claims they have the "best" recoil lug for the Model 700

http://www.hollandguns.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tw:
I've gone and ordered the wrong lug and can't find a place that has a 0.200" lug in stock.

Anyone have one I can buy or a hint on some place that may have one?

Any help appreciated.

Tom (Dallas)

Tom,

I’ve got one out in my shop I’ll give you if you send me an address to mail it to.

Rick

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick -

I'll give you my address if you give me yours :-)

PM on the way.

Thanks loads and loads.

Tom

Posts: 80 | Location: Colorado Springs, Co | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I don't know if they have a .200 lug, but I do know this place claims they have the "best" recoil lug for the Model 700

http://www.hollandguns.com/

With all due respect to Daryl...he claims that everything he sells is “the best!â€

His recoil lugs are .250†thick, and you have to set the barrel shoulder back to install them. It doesn’t sound like this is what Tom wants to do. The factory lugs are .20†thick.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick is spot on - I can't move the shoulder due to FOFU - fear of f-ing up. Too expensive a barrel with a non-standard reamer (I don't have) for me to try that for the first time. Now, if I had a surface grinder I could cut it then grind a lug to fit...if there's a hard way I'll find it.

:-)

Thanks again Rick!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick 0311

the factory Remington 700 recoil lugs I believe

are .187" In any event I just went and measured

four of them and they all measured .187" regards

Jerry

G. D. Stockinger
N.R.A. Life Member

www.cliogunshop.com

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

I measured the three I have and all are slightly different in thickness... .196â€, .201†and .191â€. They are all used, factory take-off’s, not new ones.

Rick