New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having a barrel cut and contoured
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know of any companies that will cut a barrel and contour for me. I have two barrels and I am looking for a tapered octagon. I can start making calls Wednesday but figured someone may have had the need in the past.
Thank you,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have used c&c in the past. they were quick and the flats were flat and the corners straight. i sent that one to mr. kehr for a little engraving and he also commented how well the barrel was finished. i don't have the number handy but i know they advertise in rile magazine.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Martinez:
Does anyone know of any companies that will cut a barrel and contour for me. I have two barrels and I am looking for a tapered octagon. I can start making calls Wednesday but figured someone may have had the need in the past.
Thank you,
Frank

I'm not sure just what you have in mind, but Dennis E Olsen did a Mauser barrel for me. I sent a drawing of a custom long radius sweep contour.

He turnred this..

into this.

His prices are reasonable & his turn-around is super fast.

He doesn't have a web-site, but his contact info is the 2nd on this page.

http://www.shooting-hunting.co...unsmiths&FoundID=600

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with James Anderson of Newell SD, he did one for me that my machine would not handle due to the length, great work, he posts here occasionally.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was quick. Thank you all.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James has done a few octagons for me and they are just quality.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I cant recommend James Anderson enough for octagon barrels. he did the barrels for me and dad and they turned out amazing. way too many of the octagons I have seen are too heavy and if they were contoured they were not pleasing lines. James made even a stainless barrel cut to octagon look elegant.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows, does someone have any contact information?
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,
Contact is not on my Wife's computer. Search this forum for Gunmaker. His website is on all his posts.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Martinez:
Thanks fellows, does someone have any contact information?
Frank

CNC Barrel Works
Chico, Ca.
530 345 2928
800 345 4742

Good to see you this weekend, did you sell lots of stuff? Thanks again for the transaction.

Craig

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Craig, it was a pleasure seeing you and I can't wait to see your newest creation.
I did sell a few items and a biggy, but I also invested in a bunch of stuff to will play with for a while before selling later or keeping. It all depends on getting things into the safe "quietly".
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to say James Anderson's barrels look beautiful. Duane Wiebe cuts a elegant barrel. Ralf Martini has to be my favorite as far as style.

Please let us know who you decide to use and how it turns out. Be sure to post pictures too!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote