New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota purchased by Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The sale closed June 5th.http://www.remington.com/library/press/2009/corporate/2009-2.asp
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Really! Now big green has a replacement for the CD mausers! dancing popcorn

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this could be interesting!!!!!

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the doors are staying open.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will screw it up worse.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope it works out for Cerberus.
I haven't noticed any change in Marlin since Rem took them over???? (That's a back handed question... Big Grin)

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Cerberus did such a fine job turning around Chrysler and GMAC, Dakota should be a snap for them.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch:
You got that right! Although, I've not reccomended a Nesika to a customer for at least 3 or 4 years now. I'll bet it's for sale or liquidation in less than 24 months.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Butch

Yup, I have little confidence that Remington will manage Dakota any better than they managed the Zastava line!

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alan,
I will send you some brass to make my PPC die this week.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Well, at least it will make it a lot easier for Obama and his minions to close down the gun industry in the U.S.

I know this is probably just paranoia from too many years of being attacked by idiot, unpatriotic, anti-second-amendment criminals in the US Congress, but I am starting to wonder exactly what Cerberus is up to?

They are buying gun-making and associated firms right and left. I wonder when the government will buy THEM under the guise of some bail-out or other and then shut the whole thing down? [Much easier than trying to get rid of a whole bunch of independent right-wing (capitalist) companies through some federal legislation in clear violation of the Second Amendment.]

By the way, did you guys notice that Parade Magazine has a poll today asking for votes on whether gun laws should be tightened up? All part of today's article in which Parade says the current loosening of gun laws is responsible for an increasing murder rate in this country.

Guess it never occured to them to look at the surnames of the murderers and ask how many might be committed by non-citizens and other habitual criminal groups.

There IS a reason that our laws don't let just anyone legally into the country any time they wish....yet. Too bad we don't enforce THAT law.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
Cerberus did such a fine job turning around Chrysler and GMAC, Dakota should be a snap for them.

Forrest-

jumping

You are one sharpe dude!!!! Well said!!!

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch does this mean Charlie got a big fat green check?

Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to ask my buddy about that, Probably.
Butch

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longshot:
Butch does this mean Charlie got a big fat green check?

Longshot

Not a chance. Charlie got a small check for the assets but he's left with larger liabilities at the holding company. This was a liquidating asset sale. Kokesh's goose has been cooked.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is about time. I hope my Bud came out OK.
Butch

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Butch

My reaction also.....

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just wonder whether the same crooks will keep running Dakota's business, you know, the individuals like The Widow who've given them their FINE, SQUARE, HONEST (!?!?) rep over the years?
Caveat emptor, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.remington.com/library/press/2009/corporate/2009-2.asp

Should be a great improvement over the current mess. Remington is a solid company and has actually made money over the past few years.

I use the 870 all the time and like it. I hope they come up with a great new CRF rifle based on the Dakota action.

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't they run it as a wholly owned subsidiary and leave the products as they are?
The brand names are recognizeable and strong. Seems all they really need to do is quality control and better marketing.

Didn't the place make money when Norma Allen was running it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally I'll be able to afford a Dakota model 10! Looking forward to ordering a stainless SPS or the 710 version Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Why wouldn't they run it as a wholly owned subsidiary and leave the products as they are?
The brand names are recognizeable and strong. Seems all they really need to do is quality control and better marketing.

Didn't the place make money when Norma Allen was running it?

Remington is good at marketing. But they win no prizes any more in the quality control department.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't Norma run off some good people?
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Run off' was not exactly the phrase I had in mind. 'Cheat into the poorhouse' is more like what I think of when I think about the shameful leadership of that shameful company and the shameful way they have treated some of the nicest folks in the gun business after Don's death. Can you spell Grisel and Miller, to name just 2?
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote