Find
Notify
Tools

Difference between the 600&700 triggers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
My reference books are still packed. Can someone explain the difference between the 600 trigger that was recalled and the 700? I know I've seen both but my swiss cheese memory is working again.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen a 600 trigger for several years, but I seem to remember the trigger finger piece is farther forward and the safety tab is different, but the internal mechanism is the same.

Bruce

Posts: 217 | Location: SW WA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trigger assembly is further forward on the 600 because of the shorter tang. A 700 trigger on a 600 won't work as it interferes with the rear guard screw.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
The trigger assembly is further forward on the 600 because of the shorter tang. A 700 trigger on a 600 won't work as it interferes with the rear guard screw

Other than the location of the trigger were the mechanics different?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 600 triggers are mechanically the same as the M700, but most of them were made with folded sheet metal sides (instead of riveted, flat plates) and many of them had double sears...one is actually the safety cam the other the sear. Of course that means it automatically has half the sear engagement of a full width sear AND the pressure on the connector is asymmetrical.
Audits of new guns has shown a great quantity of them that will 'trick', which means the safety cam is not raising the sear high enough. They made several changes to the dimensions to get away from that, but unfortunately one of their 'fixes' was to deform the safety cam by knurling or flattening to give it more lift. They wear VERY quickly and can be failing again with relatively little use.
I suggest examining all M600 safety levers for that deformation 'repair' and replace the lever if it has it. Better yet, replace the entire mechanism with a solid trigger and single sear aftermarket trigger.

Defeating legislation through education.
There is no safe direction to point an unsafe gun.

Posts: 90 | Location: Remote Idaho, USA | Registered: 09 October 2010Reply With Quote