New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting a scope to a BSA Martini
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have the oportunity to buy a BSA Martini 22 Hornet very cheap. Are there any cheap ways to mount a normal scope to a martini? It is just going to be a cheap toy (to later on get a custom .12 cal barrel) so I didnt want to have to pay big bucks for custom mounts.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i like martini's and at times you have to get creative to mount the scopes. my favorite scope base for them is the t/c contender base. it is short . your not talking alot of recoil so it is easier. the barrel has to be drilled and tapped for the base. a lot depends on the taper of the original barrel.take into acount that they have to be mounted high enough to get your fingers in under the scope to load it. the procedure i use is a little long , so e-mail me if you are interested.
max

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Go to the Austrailian Forum and look at the 218 Bee that BadAssWallace posted under "Martinis".

Those rings aren't exactly cheap but they are the nicest I've seen on a Martini and no drilling required. He discusses how they're made a little further down the thread.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote