New
Find
Notify
Tools

take off barrels and their worth
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
what is a take off barrel from a remington 700 ti worth in 7-08?

Posts: 57 | Location: Long Island NY | Registered: 21 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
WildOne

Since no one else will say any thing, my guess is around $50. Since it is stainless maybe a little more.

I would say your best indicator would be to put it in the classifieds at $100 and see what kind of action you get then start to lower the price from there.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I have sold several Rem 700 take offs on Ebay and have gotten anywhere from $25-150. It is pretty much a lucky day thing to see what you will get.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildone, it will totally depend on how bad someone needs it. I have sold them from 50.00 on up to 275.00 for a pre-64. For the barrel you are talking about, 50.00 in used condition and 75-85 in new condition.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At a recent Salt Lake City gunshow there was a table with perhaps a 100 take-off barrels.

Most were from Remington 700s, but there were also Ruger, Sako, Weatherby, and Winchester barrels. All were being sold as unfired from new rifles. Before looking at them thought most would be 30/06 or 7mm Remington Magnum, but that was not the case. There was a wide variety of calibers including the short and long ultra mags, WSM, 7mm STW, 7mm/08, 260 Rem, 30/378 Wby, etc.

Think there was a Remington 7/08 from a Ti rifle for $35.

$25 covered most of the barrels. Only a few were over $35. Stainless fluted barrels in Ultra Mag calibers went as high as $75.

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote