Find
Notify
Tools

Bansner stocks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
Couldn't think of anywhere else to post this enquiry so apologies if it shouldn't be posted here....

Looking for a Bansner stock for a Remington 700 bdl in 7mm-08 (short action). Tried contacting Bansner direct on email but no reply so far, emailed Brownells too but haven't heard anything from them.

Anybody else have any suggestions as where I can get one shipped to the UK? Will this incur a heavy import tax?

Has anybody else used these stocks and can I paint it myself? What paints are needed?

Regards Richard

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
High Tech

High Tech Specialties is a division of Bansners. I have bought them through Brownells, you might call them directly if the time change isn't too severe. The stocks are fantastic--very light weight and well made. I ordered a blank and it was easy to pillar bed, fill, glass and paint. A blind bottom 98 finished up at 24oz with pad. Fill with fiberglass auto body filler. I used spray paint, sprinkled on a light non-slip grit compound between wet coats to add texture, and finished with a clear coat. Not professional but very functional.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO they are best on the market for the MONEY. I get mine from Brownell's they have always had them. I think they are a bit cheaper also than factory direct. Weaver rifles some times has them laying around. He will fit and finish one for you cheaper than High Tech. They finsh real easy with some sand paper and glass bedding.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just checked and Brwonells and Direct are the same price. You can get a discount direct if you order more than one. Or you could when I place my last order (wow 4 years ago).

Here is my wife's 7X57. This was an epoxy based paint.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Ramrod340,

That's a nice camo pattern. Did you do that yourself?

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I you paint it yourself, make sure the paint doesn't go into solution with bug spray. I learned the hard way. See if you can find domeone to epoxy coat it.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a nice camo pattern. Did you do that yourself?

Well my wife had seen a couple I had done. We took hers to Matchgrade Arms in Houston.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
richard, you can try http://www.rpsinternational.com/ he is the canadian dealer, and it is probably easier to export from canada to the uk than from the us to the uk.

As far as paint, Rustoleum anti-skid paint in clearcoat works good after painting, and it is very resistant to DEET as well