New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 11-87
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will the wood from an 11-87 and an 1100 interchange? I have an 11-87 that needs stock and forearm and was wondering. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post
I have a leftie 1187 that the wood was being beaten to death in the duck marsh. The fore end started delaminating from the glass cloth. I asked Ramline if their 1100 furniture in Mossy Oak Shadowgrass would fit my 1187. They said no but I bout it anyway figuring I could return it. It's been on the gun for 3 years now with no trouble at all. Holding the two side by side I can see no difference except for the new stock is plastic. I wish I changed out the wood when it was new.

Taurus Bill

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
I've made inserts for the 1187 barrel that allow it to be used on an 1100. I bought a cantilevered slug barrel for an 1187. Made the insert from aluminum to bring the gas port closer. It works just super. fishing

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
olcrip,
I'm curious, could you also do the conversion the other way around, fit a 1100 barrel to a 11-87? I'm specifically thinking of the 20 gauge. Thanks!

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
It could be done but the process would be rather complicated. The shoulder inside the gas ring on the 1187 is about .094 deeper than the 1100. I made a ring to fit the gas ring and reduce the distance to the shoulder so it was the same as the 1100 barrel's gas ring shoulder depth. To reverse the order you would have to cut the shoulder deeper in the 1100 gas ring. I suppose if a good smitty could remove the ring and machine it then reweld it, it could be done. If you stand back and look at the situation, you could find a good used barrel with choke tubes for much less financial outlay and fuss. fishing

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote