Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Finnbear Safety catch loose
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys
I have a used SAKO Finnbear in 270 n front of me and the safety catch is very loose. Any ideas I have opened her up but I dont see anything out of the ordinary?
Thanks in advance

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does the ball detent, in the trigger housing, have proper spring pressure against it? Also, are the two safety lever mounting screws properly tightened?

Of course, all this assumes you have the factory Sako #4 trigger assembly.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kevin I have not stripped the trigger housing but it certainly feels as if there is not enough spring pressure. The safety moves on its own back and forth and does not stay either on or off. The screws are all tight. thanks

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The ball detent pressure is adjusted via a small screw on the upper left side of the trigger housing. I usually "seal" it's setting with clear fingernail polish.
Stripping of the trigger housing is usually not needed.

Kevin

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin I have noted that screw is missing ....I will need to take it to a gunsmith.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably best.....

You'll need the small screw(metric), a small coil spring, and a 3mm ball bearing.

edit: Maybe some clear fingernail polish. Smiler

Kevin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin I was not sure what parts were missing but now that I know I think I can come up with something. Thank you once again for all the info it certainly helps.
Regards