New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington trigger broke.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just when I'd thought I'd seen it all, my trigger snapped off on a M700 LSS. Aparently breaks cleanly at 3 pounds means something different than it used to. I see little use in replaceing it with the same trigger, except that I can get several for nothing for my friends take-off pile.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
About how many rounds did you fire through that rifle before the trigger broke?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't worry. Cerebus has got your back on that one Smiler

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't remember any of my R700 triggers being drilled and tapped through the face of the trigger. I guess that's one of the new ones, huh? Even with that hole, it should take some pretty serious stress to break that trigger shoe off. I doubt it happened by applying 3-5 lbs of pressure to break the shot.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A model 7 trigger, low round count, probably less than 100

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gzig5:
I don't remember any of my R700 triggers being drilled and tapped through the face of the trigger. I guess that's one of the new ones, huh? Even with that hole, it should take some pretty serious stress to break that trigger shoe off. I doubt it happened by applying 3-5 lbs of pressure to break the shot.

Well guess what, shit happens. I was watching the shooter when it broke. It's an X-Mark trigger.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The FN Supreme triggers of the late 50s and early 60s failed also but when they did it was the sear breaking in half allowing the rifle to fire. I would go back with a standard trigger on a 700 without any qualms. I would not be caught dead using one of the FN triggers.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Gusseted at the back of the trigger shoe then a bloody great hole drilled and tapped through the shoe and gusset. That's just piss poor engineering and would be laughable if not so serious. Doomed to fail.

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poor design for sure. Are these MIM parts? Remington makes those .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle has fewer than 200 rounds through it. If it had to break, I'm glad it broke now and not on the Oz culling trip it was bought for.

I've got several old style triggers that will fit right on, I'll just have to replace the safety parts that have been pirated from them.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We replace these all the time here. A common problem to be sure. Buy a good aftermarket trigger like a Jewel or Timney and forget about the new Remington.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CAll Jack Belk!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlanFaulkner:
CAll Jack Belk!!!!!! Big Grin

-I've a feeling you won't have to... tu2 hilbily animal

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've feeling you won't have to...

rotflmo rotflmo

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is pretty common. They are garbage!

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most likely, Remington will warranty the trigger for you. BUT it's a wonderful excuse to put a Timney in its' place.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like a government mandated safety feature.
put in an aftermarket, set the pressure, and leave it alone.
i'd probably still call remington and bitch like an old woman that's cold and hungry though.
iv'e had enough of their stuff break on me over the years,that their name on a rifle/shotgun/bullet inspires a negative amount of confidence in them.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote