THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Transterring bolt stop release on Remington 700 trigger

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transterring bolt stop release on Remington 700 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a "new" Remington 700 trigger from Gunbroker to replace my trashed one. Problem is the new one doesn't have a bolt stop release. I'm thinking of transferring the old release to the new trigger. Is this advisable? Any tips or tricks to make it go smoothly? Thanks!

Posts: 173 | Location: Meadowview Virginia | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clerkofkirk:
Is this advisable?

It is if you don't want the bolt to come flying out everytime you cycle the action.

Remington 700 uses two triggers. The old "Walker" style with the serrated trigger lever and the new X Mark Pro. Which two triggers do you have?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some of the aftermarket triggers require you to use your bolt stop/ safety on their hunter/varmint triggers. most of the bench rest stuff does not. if the trigger housing pins are there for the stop and accomodate it -sure

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basix makes small kits with the parts needed to install on Rem 700 triggers that don't have the parts you mentioned.

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
This is a basic and very practical thing to do. Just replace the missing parts from the old trigger to the new. The "Circlip" on the right side of the trigger is remove, taking care to remember how all the parts of located and making sure you don't lose the steel ball bearing when you do. Re-assembling should be easy. Take digital pictures right and left side of the old trigger before you start to dis-assemble.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Dahlo
posted Hide Post
Same deal when fitting a Jewell trigger group to a Remmy. The bolt stop and return spring just get swapped over. Make sure you note which pin goes where and which side they push in from.

Posts: 4 | Location: Arnhem Land | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote