THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    I own the ugliest pistol that I have ever even seen

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I own the ugliest pistol that I have ever even seen
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some years ago I dropped in the local gunshop and the owner showed me a 303 pistol. Yikes! It had been whittled down from a 303 Martini rifle. The barrel was only about 4 inches long making it a prohibited gun in Canada.

I have prohibited status, however and can buy such things. There was no serial number so we had to apply to the government and it now has one.

Is it possible to make this nasty handgun back into some kind of ratrod type rifle? I would love to shoot it again rather than it just remaining, year after year, in my gun safe?

Thanks

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may not be a pistol as such? But a kiln (aka cement) gun? I had one maybe thirty years ago. If it has a strange rear grip like a metal round lollipop on a stick or a bent trumpet shape it may be a kiln gun.

And, yes, mine had a short approx four inches or over barrel. I sold it to the a gas museum which was a museum about how town gas was made.

https://worldwide.espacenet.co...C=GB&NR=326002A&KC=A

Or a Blanch Chevalier grenade launcher or what's left of one?

https://collections.royalarmou...c-narrative-125.html

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a Khyber Pass pistol. I just watched a video on it.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Interesting if it is indeed a Khyber pass pistol. I don't think I would want to be anywhere near someone shooting it though. Eeker

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2803 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not know how to post photos but if someone would like to do that for me, I can text a photo or two. No. I would not shoot it. Smiler

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Some pix at last:

It looks vaguely like the 1869 Werder "Lightning" pistol, also a tipping block single shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...er_pistol_model_1869

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don’t fall for Scruffys BS it’s the prettiest gun he owns

Posts: 151 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona  | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The letters “GR” were very important to someone.

Posts: 1236 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote