THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Ed LaPour 3-Position Safety for CZ 550 / BRNO 602

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed LaPour 3-Position Safety for CZ 550 / BRNO 602
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
I'm looking for an Ed LaPour 3-Position Safety for CZ 550 / BRNO 602. Let me know if you have one.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
I'm looking for an Ed LaPour 3-Position Safety for CZ 550 / BRNO 602. Let me know if you have one.

If you can’t come right with a LaPour, try American Hunting Rifles, he makes a beautiful 3 pos safety and always a pleasure to deal with.

Posts: 392 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nathaniel Myers makes them, he goes by Fal Grunt here on AR, http://www.myersarms.com

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim@IMReps:
Nathaniel Myers makes them, he goes by Fal Grunt here on AR, http://www.myersarms.com

I don't see them on his website. Am I overlooking them?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
best thing to do is contact Nathaniel directly, if he doesn't have in stock, ask him when his next run is. Another possible source is Jim Wisner, cheers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably your best bet for a 3 pos safety.
https://www.matrixgunsmithing.com/

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey new_guy,

I got your voicemail, I've unfortunately been sick the last week and a half and am just getting back on my feet.

At this moment I do not make the CZ 550 3-pos safety.

Wayne at American Hunting Rifles was making one, but as kda55 posted, I believe his products are now available through matrixgunsmithing.com

Ed wants me to make a batch of CZ 550 3-pos bolt shrouds, I have held out because Wayne was making them. Because the designs are a little different, Ed has asked me to make a batch for some of his customers projects.

I *suspect* I will make a batch in 2023, but that depends on a lot of factors. If you need one in the short term, I would contact Wayne.

I will try to give you a call tomorrow, but I wanted to post in case anyone else was wondering as well.

Thanks everyone who posted!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nathan, I just clicked on your weblink below your signature, it goes to your home page but the rest of the links (Services, Products, etc.) are dead. Are you rebuilding the site?

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weird! What browser/device are you using?

I just checked on my desktop and phone and the links worked OK.

Let me know so I can talk to my website folks.

thanks!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the CZ 550 and BRNO 600 series safeties back in stock and ready to ship. I had trouble finding springs, of all things, but finally found them. That is the way of the world these days.
If you want one installed call Matrix Gunsmithing. I provide the safeties that they use. I don't install.

Posts: 1245 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fal Grunt:
Weird! What browser/device are you using?

I just checked on my desktop and phone and the links worked OK.

Let me know so I can talk to my website folks.

thanks!

Sorry, must be on my end, won't load with Firefox or Safari, works with Chrome. Tried a different laptop, all good.

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitterroot:
I have the CZ 550 and BRNO 600 series safeties back in stock and ready to ship. I had trouble finding springs, of all things, but finally found them. That is the way of the world these days.
If you want one installed call Matrix Gunsmithing. I provide the safeties that they use. I don't install.

Good to know! If you ever need springs, let me know, I use a great company here in the US that is very responsive, small business, and I have been very happy with everything they have made me.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have Thousands of springs, ( 2 sizes ) and plungers ( 3 lengths ) from the old PME days.
I also sold those to Ed Lapour for years after he bought the tooling from me.

J Wisner

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote